1. How Brandice Henderson is Building an Epicenter for Designers of Color by providing a group of talented designers with the exposure and opportunities normally reserved for the tents of New York Fashion Week. It’s called Harlem Fashion Row. – Read More on Forbes
2. J.C. Penney's new Project Runway clothing brand, based on the T.V. show about competing aspiring designers marks its latest bid to capture the business of fast-fashion chains like H&M and Zara. – Read More on Forbes
3. Tomorrow’s Brands Might Be Impossible To Trademark. Amazon is attempting to trademark the glowing blue ring of its Echo devices–revealing how the definition of “branding” is evolving today. – Read More on Fast. Co.
4. The Selling Power of Gucci's Relentless Gucciness: Are fashion editors burning out on Alessandro Michele's vision for the brand? It may not even matter. "When consumers are tired of it, that's going to be the end. When editors are tired, who gives a shit?" – Read More on Fashionista
5. Anti-fast fashion label to launch in September: Lavee will debut with 16 pieces for the spring/summer season, framed around non-trend driven design. – Read More on Rag Trader