1. New Laws on Data Privacy and Security Are Coming. Is Your Company Ready? Governments are in the process of passing and implementing new laws to ensure higher standards for software security and data privacy, meaning that the era in which tech companies inadequately test their software for security and privacy vulnerabilities is coming to an end. – Read More on HBR
2. The department store of the future is using actors to sell you stuff: It’s far easier—and less frustrating—to just order everything online. Yet Amazon and its ilk aren’t designed to help you discover new products that you might want to use. – Read More on Fast Co.
3. Creating a Counterfeit-Proof Sneaker Marketplace: “For the good fakes, you can’t just rely on pictures and algorithms. There’s just no way. Because it’s not just the look of the shoe. It’s the feel of it and the smell, actually.” – Read More on PYMNTS
4. Why are fashion supply chains so wasteful? Consumer textile waste may be the larger problem, but the pre-consumer supply chain has its own wasteful practices built in to the way garments are designed and produced. Waste is a constant presence at all levels of the fashion industry — from design to production to delivery to consumption. – Read More on Retail Dive
5. Is the beauty industry finally addressing its problem with age? Age has long been seen as the antithesis of beauty. In fact, the entire beauty industry has been predicated on the formula: Young = Good! Old = Bad! You only need to look to the sheer number of “anti-ageing” products available in stores and online to see what we mean. – Read More on Dazed