1. What the designer of “I love NY” thinks of the “I Amazon NY” logo: “Outside of copyrighting everything you do, there is almost no way of protecting your work from being imitated,” said Glaser in a statement on the matter–before throwing a bit of shade in a way that only an icon of iconography can. “In this particular case, the Amazon logo is not very harmonious with the rest of the logo.” – Read More on Fast Co.
2. Nostalgia is Officially the Biggest Fashion Trend of 2018 and Fashion Nova was the most searched-for brand (after landing in the number 4 spot last year), per Google. – Read More on Vogue
3. RETRO READ: Rivaling Chanel and Dior as One of the Year’s Most Searched Brands, What is Fashion Nova? – Read More on TFL
4. Tory Burch Names New Husband/Former LVMH Executive Roussel as Its Next CEO: Fashion label Tory Burch is bringing on Pierre-Yves Roussel, a long-time executive at LVMH, as its new chief executive officer as the brand’s eponymous founder steps down from the role. The newlyweds will run the show together. Burch will become executive chairman and chief creative officer as she continues to lead design. Roussel will focus on operations, filling a gap left by departing President John Mehas. – Read More on Bloomberg
5. Let 2018 Be the Last Year of Pointless Collaborations: There is nothing wrong with collabs per se—a good collab can lead to a fresh take on a tried-and-true product, take a brand out of its comfort zone, and create something genuinely new. But as the number of collaborations in the past couple of years have grown exponentially, they have become more and more indiscriminate, and sometimes downright absurd—an inevitable consequence when brands begin to run out of options.– Read More on Highsnobiety
6. Adidas Will Investigate Accusations Against Gosha Rubchinskiy: After accusations surfaced online over the weekend claiming Gosha Rubchinskiy asked a teen boy to send him racy photos over social media, Adidas will investigate the matter. The global sports brand has had a multi-season partnership with the Russian designer. – Read More on Fashionista