1. In 2017, every brand is trying to outdo its competitors with publicity stunts and over-the-top runway extravaganzas. Well, Kanye West just won. In unveiling his Yeezy Season 6 collection, West skipped the fashion week presentation and model-filled lookbook, and instead, got the paparazzi to unknowingly shoot his latest collection with each of the 16 Carine Roitfeld-styled looks modeled by Kim Kardashian ... during her ordinary day, including stops to the gas station, convenience store, the family office, etc. – See More on Yeezy Supply
2. New York taxi drivers are modeling – and giving away – Helmut Lang’s new capsule collection. – Read More on Dazed
3. Designer Zac Posen wants to make the fashion industry a safe place: “I'm a person and a brand that is about empowering and celebrating women.” – Read More on Economic Times
4. As Editors Transition to Influencers, They Enter Tricky Ethical Territory: Staffers at major fashion publications receive the same gifts, press trips and dinners as full-time influencers, but when your name appears on a magazine masthead, disclosure practices can get even more murky. – Read More on Fashionista
For a look at TFL’s extensive coverage on the topic from how-to guides on proper FTC disclosure to a look at the industry’s dirty advertising practices and most rule-breaking influencers, you can find that here.
5. How Brands Secretly Buy Their Way into Forbes, Fast Company, and HuffPost Stories: Contributing writers to prominent publications including Mashable, Inc, Business Insider, and Entrepreneur told me they have personally accepted payments in exchange for weaving promotional references to brands into their work on those sites, enabled by editors who are hungry for cheap or unpaid blog content. – Read More on The Outline