1. Malaysian pop star, Yuna, on hijab style: 'I feel like the world is catching up.' – Read More on the Guardian
2. Fashion Industry Tackles Factory Conditions: Retailers are scrambling to get in front of the news that textile workers in Bangladesh are being underpaid, in addition to being arrested and shot at when they have the nerve to go on strike. While many brands are calling for fairer pay, it is unclear who will end up footing the bill. – Read More on Handlesblatt (courtesy of Fashion REDEF)
3. The Great Department Store Meltdown? Or a Bumpy Transformation? – Read More on The Robin Report
4. Our Apathy Toward Privacy Will Destroy Us. Designers Can Help: The loss of security and privacy online may seem inevitable, but designers can help the public help themselves. – Read More on Fast Co.
5. Bibhu Mohapatra Files for Bankruptcy: The New York designer, who has made clothes for Michelle Obama, Gwyneth Paltrow, is claiming $1.1 million in debt. – Read More on WSJ
6. A rush to patent the blockchain is a sign of the technology’s promise: Financial firms and assorted startups are rushing to patent the technology that underlies bitcoin. – Read More on the Economist
7. This is What You'll Be Wearing in 2017, according to a whole lot of fashion/shopping data. – Read More on Lyst