1. RETRO READ: 21 Rape Allegations Later, Ian Connor Remains in Fashion's Buzziest Circles. Within a few short years of entering into the fashion industry as a streetwear model and stylist, the self-purported “King of the Youth” was collaborating with Kanye West, claiming Virgil Abloh as one of his closest allies, and being hailed as a visionary, as “Kanye West's New Style Muse.” – Read More on TFL
2. “Brand purpose” is a lie: From Gillette to Starbucks to Johnson & Johnson, companies love to extol the virtues of their brand, without actually living up to them. – Read More on Fast Co.
3. Fashion Nova accused of knocking off another independent designer: "Fashion Nova ripped off my 'Skin Out' dress DETAIL FOR DETAIL. I designed the green version of this in 2016 [and] this color in 2017. They've mass produced this with a retail price of [$40]!!,” says Luci Wilden, the founder of an independently owned U.K.-based handmade crochet label. – Read More Fashionista
4. RETRO READ: Why is Copying So Rampant in Fashion? (Is it inspiration? Is it imitation? And why – exactly – is everyone always knocking-off each other?) And … What is Really at Stake When an Indie Brand is Copied? – Read More on TFL
5. France’s anti-trust watchdog said on Friday that it had raided luxury watch retailers as part of a probe into possible anti-competitive practices: The anti-trust watchdog’s investigators searched the retailers and seized assets or documents during an operation carried out on Thursday. – Read More on Reuters
6. Disney Princesses Have Insanely Small Waists (and Looking at Them Is Not Great for Kids): They “have extremely small waist-to-hip ratios that are nearly impossible to achieve naturally,” Pennsylvania State University anthropologist Toe Aung writes in a new study. – Read More on Vogue