1. The Most-Visited Exhibition in Met Museum History: With 1.6 million visitors over the course of five months, Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination beat out even King Tut. – Read More on Bloomberg
2. How the contemporary market got its groove back: The "contemporary" moniker used to have a negative connotation for fashion labels, but a new class of buzzy brands – from Ganni to Nanushka – has helped change that. – Read More on Fashionista
3. Tech-Enabled Makeup Booths? Human-free retail has taken China by storm — and could shape the country's beauty retail sector. The booths offer both established brand name cosmetics as well as up-and-coming brands. They are replenished with new makeup products every couple of weeks based on users’ feedback. 17Beauty plans to ultimately gather enough data on user preferences to provide feedback to brands. – Read More on CB Insights
4. Martin Margiela outlines pressures of fashion’s fast pace in new letter: “Many say that fashion has a short memory as it is obsessed by actuality and novelty. But some recent exhibitions about my work exemplified the opposite.” – Read More on Dazed
5. Pantone’s latest colors are the ultimate sign of the times: From rose gold iPhones to shimmery cosmetics, metallics are everywhere. Now, Pantone is expanding to standardize those colors, too. – Read More on Fast Co.
6. RETRO READ: Forecasting or Dictating: A Look Inside the Selection of Pantone’s New Colors. – Read More on TFL