1. Did Nike’s Swoosh Make the Brand Famous, or Is It the Other Way Around? There are few brand logos more instantly recognizable than the Nike Swoosh. For 48 years now, it’s embodied what successful branding looks like. “Nike could’ve chosen a completely different symbol, and it would’ve gone on to identify the company in much the same way,” he said. “Logos take their meaning from the entities they represent. Not the other way around.” – Read More on AdWeek
2. Your childhood nostalgia is big business–just ask Reebok: 5 years ago, 20-somethings – dressed from head to toe in athleisure – started ditching their high-performance athletic shoes for iconic sneaker silhouettes of the 1980s and ’90s. Today, these classics make up 40% of Reebok’s total sales, outpacing its performance shoe division. – Read More on Fast Co.
3. How Simon Porte Jacquemus, a 20-something with no formal fashion training, redefined French style. – Read More on the Telegraph
4. The Battle of the Supremes: How 'legal fakes' are challenging a $1B brand. – SEE More on YouTube
5. Evolution of man: the rise and rise of the male wellness sector. There now exists among men an “unprecedented openness” to self-care, which has led to a dramatic “shake-up in what the male consumer is” – what he buys, and to what end. And with it, the number of men’s wellness products now available is so large it can be dizzying to keep up. – Read More on the Guardian