Disgraced designer, John Galliano, was in court yesterday for the first hearing regarding the breach of contract claim he filed against Dior and his namesake label John Galliano. In yesterday's hearing, which centered on whether the French Labor Court is the suitable forum for the contract dispute, the following info regarding his contracts with both companies. At Christian Dior Couture, where he was creative director for 15 years:
• Fixed gross annual salary of 1 million euros, or $1.3 million at current exchange.
• Variable compensation of up to 700,000 euros, or $906,400, plus a percentage tied to the annual sales rise.
• Annual clothing budget of 30,000 euros, or $38,850.
• Grooming budget of 60,000 euros, or $77,700.
At John Galliano, the eponymous label that he founded in 1984 (and owns 91% of):
• Fixed gross salary of 2 million euros, or $2.6 million.
• Percentage tied to the decrease in annual losses (the house was consistently in the red).
• An annual clothing budget of 70,000 euros, or $90,650.