1. Reliance to bring Gap to India in latest retail bet: Under a long-term franchise agreement, Reliance will sell Gap merchandise through a mix of exclusive brand stores, multi-brand outlets and e-commerce platforms. – Read More on Reuters
2. Eileen Fisher wants her competitors to design better clothes: Since 2009, the brand has collected more than 1.3 million garments from customers (buying them for $5 a piece) and found creative ways to salvage them. – Read More on Fast Co.
3. H&M discovers it’s not easy being green: More than half of H&M’s scorecards portrayed products as being better for the environment than they actually were, while others allegedly gave information about the sustainability of a product that was completely opposite from the truth. – Read More on Retail Wire
4. TikTok Troubles Put Focus on Livestream Shopping’s Environmental, Data Impact: “It is clear that TikTok poses an unacceptable national security risk due to its extensive data harvesting being combined with Beijing’s apparently unchecked access to that sensitive data.” – Read More on PYMNTS
5. How e-commerce companies can brave the new retail environment: E-commerce growth as a percentage of total worldwide sales has not continued to persist as strongly as expected post-pandemic. Statista reports that e-commerce stood at 12.9% of total U.S. retail sales in Q4 of 2021, down from 13.6%. – Read More on TechCrunch