1. The fashion industry in 2020: Amid uncertainty, brands, retailers, and other fashion-industry players must act strategically to capitalize on digital opportunities, boost earnings, and address sustainability. – Read More on McKinsey
2. For the fashion industry, the fallout from the coronavirus may be just beginning: China, where the virus originated, is a major manufacturing hub for many industries, including fashion. It currently manufactures more than a third of all clothing and textiles globally, although its market share in apparel manufacturing has declined slightly over the past few years. – Read More on Fast Co.
3. An Insider’s Guide to the Fast Fashion Industry: “I think people who buy from Boohoo think the clothes are cheap because it’s cheap material. But it’s cheap labor. People are overworked and underpaid.” – Read More in Vice
4. Fashion Nova Reportedly Spent $40 Million on Influencer Marketing in 2019: To put that in perspective, note that the No. 2 brand—Flat Tummy Co.—is said to have spent nearly $14 million. The top five is rounded out by Ciroc, Walmart, and PrettyLittleThing. – Read More on Complex
5. RETRO READ: How Fashion Nova Won the Internet and Is Transforming the Way Millennials Dress. “To paying customers, especially hard to fit ones, Fashion Nova symbolizes a revolution in terms of access to trendy, affordable clothes.” – Read More on TFL
6. Unions press FTC to investigate Amazon’s market power: In a petition to the agency, they urged the FTC to examine alleged anti-competitive behavior on Amazon’s part, including directly and indirectly controlling product prices, tying its search rankings to the company’s own profit, price discrimination against users of competing e-commerce platforms, using data from its platforms to give it an advantage, and depressing wages in local labor markets. – Read More on Retail Dive