1. Africa’s virtual designers are already preparing for metaverse fashion: Africa’s fashion industry is said to be worth over $31 billion, summing a revenue of $8.6 billion in 2022 and a revenue prediction of $13.5 billion by 2025 with a CAGR of 16.4%. – Read More on Quartz
2. How ESG Investors are Making Sustainable Fashion on Trend: “With larger brands, so much is being produced that recycling doesn’t even make a dent. Some of the worst actors are dropping thousands of new products per day because the more they produce.” – Read More on Morgan Stanley
3. SEC proposes new ESG requirements for investment advisers, firms: Firms that offer ESG funds would be required to disclose more details on their investment strategies, and to report such information in “structured data language.” Some would also need to disclose what ESG impacts they seek to achieve and what key metrics they use to assess progress. – Read More on S&P Global
4. U.S. luxury retailers lean on affluent customers to avoid inflation pain: “This earnings cycle has been showing a dichotomy between higher- and lower-income demographics,” BMO Capital Markets analyst Simeon Siegel said. – Read More on Reuters
5. Amazon opens its first fashion store in Los Angeles: “Our three goals for Amazon Style are to make shopping more inspiring, personalized, and convenient for each customer,” said Simoina Vasen, managing director of Amazon Style. – Read More on Fast Co.