Your privacy is important to us.
Our Fundamental Privacy Principles are:
We do not ask for your personal information, unless you express an interest in receiving information from us.
We do not share your Personal Information with anyone except to deliver communications you have requested to receive, or to comply with law and protect our rights.
For the purposes of European data protection laws and regulations, our Site is accessible and usable by persons located in Europe and the United Kingdom. If we receive any contact information from such persons, we are a data controller. A data controller is responsible for determining why data is collected and how it is processed.
Our Site is not directed at consumers of goods and services intended for personal or household use, nor is it directed at anyone under the age of 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please Contact Us.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Do Not Track. Currently, the Site is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals sent from your browser. For more information about “Do Not Track,” signals please visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
If you submit your Personal Information to us via the Site, we may use it to provide you with updates or newsletters. We may also use your Personal Information to communicate with you, and, in our discretion, to make changes to the Site or any of our policies.
We may also use your Personal Information to:
- Comply with state and local licensing and regulatory requirements;
- Fulfill any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with prior notice to you and with your consent, if required by law or to further our legitimate interests;
- Combat against abuse and prevent illegal or fraudulent activity; and
- Troubleshoot and improve website functionality.
Grounds for Using Your Personal Information – European and United Kingdom Specific Provision. We rely on the following grounds to collect and process any Personal Information you may have provided on our Site:
- Legitimate Business Interests: To notify you about any changes or updates to our Site.
- User Consent: If you are a User of our Site, you have supplied or we have collected your email address, and you provided consent, we may send you an email to tell you about our charitable efforts, impact, and events, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date with what’s going on with us.
With Whom Might We Share or Disclose Your Personal Information?
Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third parties that perform functions on our behalf (“Service Providers”) to carry out your requests or respond to your inquiries. These Service Providers may help us to host or operate the Site or provide you with information about our charitable efforts, impact, and events.
Business Transfers. We may share your information, including your Personal Information, with our subsidiaries and affiliates for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes. We may share or transfer your information, including your Personal Information in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control by TFL or any affiliated company (in each case, whether in whole or in part).
Legal Disclosure. We may transfer and disclose your information, including your Personal Information:
- To third parties to comply with a legal obligation, when we believe in good faith that the law requires it;
- At the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation;
- To respond to an emergency; or
- To otherwise protect the rights, property, safety, or security of the Site, third parties, visitors to the Site or the public.
How Do We Store and Transfer Your Personal Information?
Our operations are based in the United States. We process the Personal Information and other information related to you in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using this website and providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to this transfer, processing, and storage of your information in the United States. Please note that if you are accessing our Services from outside of the United States, the data protection laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as the laws in your region.
For information that is maintained in electronic form, we maintain appropriate physical, administrative, and technical measures, including utilization of server, database, backup, firewall and encryption technologies to secure that information. We do not maintain information collected on this Site in paper form. While we have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information and other information related to you from accidental loss or unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure, unfortunately, the transmission of information via electronic means is not generally completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information and other information related to you, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Site, applications, or other electronic services. Any electronic transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
We keep your Personal Information for as long as we think is necessary or advisable, and we reserve the right to retain it, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
Your Individual Rights and Choices
Please note that you always have the right to request that we:
- Provide you information about how we use your Personal Information;
- Give you access to, and a copy of your Personal Information we hold in our systems;
- Stop contacting you;
- Correct, update or delete your Personal Information in our records;
- Stop using, and ensure that all of our service providers stop using, some or all of your Personal Information; or
To initiate any of these actions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or following the removal or unsubscribe instructions in the communication that you receive.
Third Party Links
Retention of Personal Information
In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records or keep certain records indefinitely in our sole discretion that contain Personal Information that you have submitted through the Site, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable laws and regulations. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups or other technology-related reasons.